Sunday, April 3, 2011

Half Marathon

For my 25th birthday my goal and present to myself was to run a 1/2 marathon ( I guess it was also my new years resolution too - so check!) This past weekend was by birthday and the day after on Saturday I, with Steven's Dad - Mac, Brittany Park - Friend, and Brittany Welton - Future Sister in Law all ran the 1/2 marathon. It was a beautiful day. We couldn't ask for a better day. Started at 7:30 and ran the entire thing. My time was 2 hrs and 45 minutes. For my first one not to shabby. They say the goal on the first 1/2 should be to finish and that was my goal. On my next one in the fall it will be to get a better time. Probably in 2:30. Plus Steven is going to run that one with me so I will have a constant training partner this time!

If anyone else wants to run the one in the fall let me know!! It is very rewarding and lots of fun. Not lying!




I guess I should also mention what a great husband I have... After the race he got us a couples massage for my birthday. I think that is the ticket to not being so sore so I told him I need one after every race. Not any surprise he just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment