Friday, May 16, 2014

8 Months

Amelia Leigh is 8 months old today. Boy did a lot happen in this last month and last 8 months. It is crazy to think about that 8 months ago today we met her for the very first time. Everything that she has learned and done in the last 8 months is more than some do in a lifetime. It is amazing to think that a short 8 months ago all she did was sleep, eat and poop. Now, I am worn out from chasing her around the house all day.
We have had a few firsts in this last month. She can now pull herself up, which is a whole new ball-game. I guess people are right when they tell you - you never know how dirty your house is until your child starts crawling and moving. I swear I clean and she will still find the smallest pieces of dirt and put them right in her mouth! GumPa (Mac) keeps telling me this is good for her gut bacteria and is helping build her immune system. I am all about building that immune system around here!
Just this morning her first top tooth has poked through. We have been waiting about a week on both of her top teeth and the left one is through. One down, one to go! Getting her top teeth is hurting her more than her bottom teeth. She is a bit more cranky and has a runny nose with these, which I don't remember her having with the bottom. Although it is totally wearing me out, I can't wait to see her smile once they have dropped all the way.


We went to Willow Springs so Steven could hunt and I could go to a baby shower.  Amelia loves GumPa's dogs Dixie and Daisy. She kept chasing them and got many kisses. 



Another first that we had this month was my first Mother's Day. I was so blessed to be able to spend my first Mother's Day with family. We were able to go to church with all of our parents (minus Dave - he had to attend Graduation at CofO ) and my brother. After church Steven's parents and my Mother and brother came over for lunch. We visited and watched Amelia until about 3 and then headed over to my Dad's. There we celebrated with my Dad, Stepmother, Aunt, Uncle, Grandma and Ryan. I think we all were pretty worn out after this exciting and eventful day, but none more than Amelia. She missed her nap because of all of the fun that was going on around her. It was definitely a day that I will remember for the rest of my life and I am very grateful to all who helped me celebrate, especially Steven. He made the lunch for our parents and also got me a bench to put in the back yard (post to come later).



My Mother, Amelia and I on Mother's Day. 
Two of the Three Grandma's with Amelia and I on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment