Saturday, June 15, 2013

First Pictures of the Nursery

After getting the trunk seat done, I was on a roll and stuck to it. Thursday I started to sand a dresser that we purchased at an antique store in Seymour. The dresser was a dark hunter green. I started on the drawers on thursday and was able to get them completely sanded and painted. I think that they turned out great. I put contact paper inside them to make them a little bit nicer. I also put back on the knobs which I think look great. The date on the knobs is 1960!






Friday I decided to start on the main piece. I sanded it primarily to smooth it down. I had found out with the drawers that I didn't need to take the paint off completely. Why do more work than I needed to? After sanding I started painting. It took 2 coats to cover it and you can still see hints of dark in the piece, but we like it and think it looks more rustic. After it dried we brought it in the house and put the drawers in it and fell in love! I think it turned out pretty good!

To make this week even better, we bought one of our friends cribs. Her two boys never slept in it, so it is pretty much brand new. New to us anyways. She was glad to get rid of it and we were happy to have it. We spent Friday night getting the crib and coming home to put it together. We had a few mishaps while putting it together, but once we got those first few things worked out we were on a roll. I think it matches the rocker great!
I can't help myself to think of movies when the couple is putting together the crib and how that will be me someday. It has now become reality by putting together a crib and being able to see it every time I walk by the nursery that yes we are having a Gumball! This feeling is scary, but amazing all at the same time!

Here is the first look at the Nursery with all of the furniture in it! We still have a few more projects, but it is very exciting to be this close with 3 months still to relax! 



No comments:

Post a Comment