Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wall Decor

I had an idea to cover four canvases and put them inside of a frame. I went to the FM stores yesterday and picked out 4 different fabrics. I think this was the hardest part of the entire project. The FM stores has so many great fabrics which sometimes makes things hard. After getting a second opinion from a nice girl that works there I successfully picked out my different fabrics.
Getting Started

Measuring the fabric to make sure it will cover the sides equally. 

I already had two canvases that I painted so I stopped by Hobby Lobby to grab two more. I decided that covering the canvases would be a lot easier than painting all of them. I stopped by my Dad's to borrow his staple gun again. I am figuring out quickly that a staple gun is something I am going to ask for at Christmas time. I have had my Dad's more than he has in the past 2 weeks! Thanks Dad!

After getting the staple gun I was able to get started on the project. I first had to measure how big I needed the fabric so it would cover the entire canvas. After measuring all 4 fabrics I began stapling the back of the fabric onto the canvas. 

Once I had all of the canvases done I laid out the design inside of the picture frame to see how I wanted them to go. I then hung the picture frame and all of the canvases on the inside of the frame. It took more time to hang the project than it did making it! I am going to keep this in mind when wanting to redo another room. This project was cheap and very easy!

I decided to hang this above the dresser/changing table! 
I am very pleased with the finished product of these canvases. The best part about this project is that I have fabric left over and am going to attempt to make a quilt out of it. Bringing all of the fabrics and colors together in a quilt to go on the baby's bed will look great. I love it when things come together that I hadn't planned on! 

Check back later this week to see the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment